>> Sunday, December 6, 2009














When I showed Zeb (boyfriend) my new set ups after having found the breathtaking (albeit addicting to the point of utter distraction) world of player-created sims items, he said that he finally understood why I was 'so messy' in real life. "You managed to make a computer game messy", he said.

I guess I never really realized it before now, but yes - I love clutter. And, I naturally create it. When I am cleaning our apartment, I would rather keep a stack of magazings, notebooks, scribbled-on pieces of paper, remotes, and a Cracker Barrel peg game on our coffee table than put them neatly away in a bookcase (of which we have plenty). In fact, it doesn't really occur to me. I guess I like lived-in spaces?

Probably should have known this before. When I was twelve, my mother remarried and my (equally cluttersome) sisters and I moved from a small, two bedroom apartment into a two story home complete with both a front and back yard, and we each got to have our own room. This was also the very first time I was allowed to (and even had room for) my very own desk. Needless to say, I cluttered that thing as beautifully as possible the very first day. Little did I know that they seem to attract clutter all on their own. Hence my always cluttered desks - until 'Monica-like' Zeb comes along, gabs at me about how quickly I can turn a clean surface into a pile of stuff, and sweeps it all away : )














So here is a preview of my first (actually second, but my computer crashed and I lost the first) house that I am decorating after having discovered mods. Cluttered to hell of course. I am not sure what my next project will be ... I have been loading up on Central Perk items (the coffee shoppe from the show F.R.I.E.N.D.S.) and items for Monica's apartment from the show. I also sort of want to do a guy's version of a small cluttered home too, though. There aren't very many people (as far as I've seen) who have done male versions of their homes - they tend to be feminine, or if not, ultra modern. I guess we'll see what I feel like doing.

Note: If you look at the picture above, you'll see the tops of bottles in the foreground. No, my sims are not alcoholics who leave their used bottles laying around (or have more unopened bottles than they have space). I just tend to litter my floors with things I might want to use later - so much so that I have difficulty picking up what I want from the piles. I really need to get a handle on that ... : P

Daily Finds ::

  • Kevinshope@mts2 has ... light switches! and outlets! and surge protector and cords!!! He also has chainlink fences - which I think that Maxis should have implemented since the very first Sims. In my opinion, they failed pretty badly on the variety in their fences.
  • Sim_me@mts also has outlets.
  • Nixie@mts2 has a really great set of classic kitchen and bath clutter, as well as classic doors and windows. Could go for an upscale, Stepford neighborhood, or even be recoloured for mainstreet apartments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP